Posted to xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org by Arek Stryjski <de...@krzyzowki.net.pl> on 2004/07/30 15:53:46 UTC

v2 and javax.xml.stream.*

Hi,

I was trying to test v2 and found it a bit difficult.

I downloaded sources from CVS. First I was trying to make build with JDK 1.4. I
got warnings from JAM so I change to 1.5. There are problems with beta1 (some
files are not compiling), but after installing bata2 build success.

Is it actually planed that v2 will work only with JDK 1.5, and v1 will be for 1.4?

After I coped all jars from v2/build/lib into my project. Then trying to build
with Ant.
Ant throw such exception (running with verbose flag):

Exception while building schemas: javax/xml/stream/XMLStreamException
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/stream/XMLStreamException
    at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderBase.parse(SchemaTypeLoaderBase.java:347)
    at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderBase.parse(SchemaTypeLoaderBase.java:252)
    at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.tool.SchemaCompiler.loadTypeSystem(SchemaCompiler.java:656)
    at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.tool.SchemaCompiler.compile(SchemaCompiler.java:861)
    at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.tool.XMLBean.execute(XMLBean.java:229)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:275)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:369)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1214)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1062)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:188)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:196)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:55)

I could also not found javax.xml.stream.* package. It should be probably in
src/xmlpublic but could not get it with cvs checkout or update and 'anoncvs'
user. Also then browsing CVS on the web I could not found this package. You only
have it on javadoc page:
http://xml.apache.org/xmlbeans/docs/reference/javax/xml/stream/XMLStreamException.html
Javadoc says at one point: 'Copyright (c) 2003 by BEA Systems.', so it look like
this package is not jet open source. Is it possible to get source or jar with
this package? Do I need some other project (package name suggest that this will
go to JDK, but it is not part of beta2)?

Best regards
Arek

PS
Is 'user' forum the right place to discus v2 questions, or should I use 'dev'?