Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/19 15:57:59 UTC

1.9.12 test failure

FYI:

[067/109]
externals_tests.py.............................................FAILURE
[068/109] getopt_tests.pymake: *** [check] Error 1

Platform: macOS 10.13.6

Investigating... be back soon.

By the way, is there a script that generates the list of dependencies and
their versions?

Re: 1.9.12 test failure

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 12:08 PM Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 26, 2019, at 12:06 PM, Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 6:03 PM Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>
> wrote:
>
>> Also, I can't think of a reason why you shouldn't sign the tarballs.
>>

> I was under the impression that a signature is only meaningful when the
> signer is a committer. :-)
>

> The signature only counts as a binding vote for the release when it is
> from a committer but in terms of strengthening the web of trust we ought to
> accept a signature from anyone.

In that case, I'll be happy to do that in the future. :-)

Re: 1.9.12 test failure

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
> On Jul 26, 2019, at 12:06 PM, Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 6:03 PM Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
>
>> Nathan Hartman wrote on Fri, 19 Jul 2019 17:32 +00:00:
>> > I meant is there a script that generates the list of dependencies
>> > actually used on the test system. E.g., as in this testing/signing
>> > message from a prior release:
>> >
>> > https://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2019-04/0012.shtml
>> >
>> > Because even though I'm not signing, I'd like to report what was actually used.
>>
>> There's 'svn --version --verbose', and I think stsp's distro (tools/dev/unix-build/)
>> has a target for this too, but beyond that, I don't think there's a single script
>> you can use.  Many developers use Debian derivatives, though; perhaps one of
>> them will share a script you can use.
>>
>> People usually report what test combinations they ran.  (That basically
>> means what FS backend and RA layer you tested.  If you set any relevant
>> 'make'- or 'make check'-time knobs, it's useful to say that, too.)
>>
>> Also, I can't think of a reason why you shouldn't sign the tarballs.
>>
>> Thanks for testing,
>>
>> Daniel
>
> Thanks. That does make it much easier to include the dependency info
> for future tests.
>
> I was under the impression that a signature is only meaningful when the
> signer is a committer. :-)
>
> Glad to help. Thanks to everyone for the latest Subversion releases!

The signature only counts as a binding vote for the release when it is from a committer but in terms of strengthening the web of trust we ought to accept a signature from anyone.

Mark

Re: 1.9.12 test failure

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: 1.9.12 test failure

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Re: 1.9.12 test failure

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 12:10 PM Julian Foad <ju...@apache.org> wrote:

> Nathan Hartman wrote:
> > Apologies for the noise. This was caused by a volume full error!
> >
> > I'll rerun on a bigger volume and let you know.
>
> Hehe. Glad to know you're testing it.

Thanks for your hard work! I'll test the other rc's as well, also on Linux
and Windows.

Re: 1.9.12 test failure

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@apache.org>.
Nathan Hartman wrote:
> Apologies for the noise. This was caused by a volume full error!
>
> I'll rerun on a bigger volume and let you know.

Hehe. Glad to know you're testing it.

> By the way, is there a script that generates the list of dependencies and their versions?

I think the most 'official' source is 'get-deps.sh' in the source root
dir. The list of version numbers is near the top of that file.

- Julian

Re: 1.9.12 test failure

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.