Posted to users@flex.apache.org by mo...@comcast.net on 2014/10/18 03:20:00 UTC

Safari 7.1 doesn't accept keyboard input

Safari 7.1 doesn't accept keyboard inputs in my Flex app. I tried other apps I could find online, such as this one:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WS02f7d8d4857b1677-165a04e1126951a2d98-7fdb.html

and same result. Can someone confirm I'm not going crazy? Looks like the auto-updated downloaded this version on October 3, 2014. Before that it was working fine (although I'm not sure what version the previous one was).

And, if anyone has discovered the "trick" to get a mouse scroll-wheel working in Safari, please post a solution somewhere for the community.

Thanks

Re: Safari 7.1 doesn't accept keyboard input

Posted by mo...@comcast.net.
Thanks Jake, I was using the debugger version. When I install the production Flash Player, Safari DOES respond to keyboard events. But, it still doesn't respond to mouse scroll wheel.

I remember reading somewhere that the Safari flash debugger has some
keyboard issues.

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 12:19 AM, Angelo Lazzari <angelo.lazzari@redtulp.com

--
Jake Knerr - Flex Developer
Ardisia Labs

Re: Safari 7.1 doesn't accept keyboard input

Posted by Jake Knerr <ja...@ardisialabs.com>.

--
Jake Knerr - Flex Developer
Ardisia Labs

Re: Safari 7.1 doesn't accept keyboard input

Posted by Angelo Lazzari <an...@redtulp.com>.