Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dean Searle <de...@computingoasis.com> on 2006/05/12 20:27:56 UTC

Weird problem with Tomcat 5.5.17 and j_security_check

Hello Everyone,

I have just installed a clean server with windows 2003 Standard, Java JDK 1.5.0_06  and tomcat 5.5.17. I moved my application that i created on tomcat 5.0 to this server and set the application up as a <host> site.

When I access the site, it askes for the user name and password (normally done). But after you are successfully authenticated, it goes to a 404 cannot find favicon.ico. So I googled and found that was an issue with Firefox, so I tried IE and I can get into the application. But now, when I put a favicon.ico in the applications root and I log in. With firefox, right after I log in, I get a page that displays my favicon.ico, but it never gets to my index.jsp. I have to go to the url and delete the /favicon.ico and hit enter and then I'm into the application. In IE, after I log in, it takes me to my application, but it doesn't show the favicon.ico in the address bar.

Has anyone else experienced this or could you point me to another posting that shows how this was resolved. I thank you in advance for any advice I can get.

Respectfully,

Dean Searle
Computing Oasis
Caro, Michigan

Re: Weird problem with Tomcat 5.5.17 and j_security_check

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
When starting a new thread (ie sending a message to the list about a
new topic) please do not reply to an existing message and change the
subject line. To many of the list archiving services and mail clients
used by list subscribers this  makes your new message appear as part
of the old thread. This makes it harder for other users to find
relevant information when searching the lists.

This is known as thread hijacking and is that is frowned
upon on this list. Frequent offenders will be removed from the list.
It should also be noted that many list subscribers automatically
ignore any messages that hijack another thread.

The correct procedure is to create a new message with a new subject.
This will start a new thread.

Mark
tomcat-user-owner