Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by jozeibatis <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/23 13:51:07 UTC

Transaction across multiple SqlMapConfig

Hello,

first of all I want to apologize for my bad english, I'll try to do my best.

I have a problem and I can't work out the solution. My application is
divided in modules and for designing propuses every module has it's own
SqlMapConfig and Mapper.

The application is composed by Core + Modules. Every module is in a .DLL

Everything works fine except when it comes to transactions. Even if all the
SqlMapConfig shares the same conection string transactions are not working
properly. Every DAO created is seen as a separate conection. The escanario
is the following:

OpenTransaction Core

Insert into core object A
Insert into core object B

Insert into Module 1 object C
Insert into Module 2 object e

commit Core transaction

When I get to the line code: Insert into Module 1 object C I get a
connection timeout. That is because my transaction level is Serializable and
the database is expecting that the Transaction Core finishes before doing
something else. Ibatis is not seein both Mapper as the same connection.

Any ideas how I do that?

As a global idea I need transactions over DAO loaded by diferents SqlMaps
pointing to the same db.

hope I make everythying clear.

I would appreciate a lot any advice you can give me.

regards, jose

Re: Transaction across multiple SqlMapConfig

Posted by jozeibatis <jo...@gmail.com>.
ok! I wasn't commiting anything! using tx.Complete(); solved the problem :))

Re: Transaction across multiple SqlMapConfig

Posted by jozeibatis <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thank for the reply! I was using

using (TransactionScope tx = new TransactionScope())

but somehow the data is not commited once inserted! Everything seems to work
fine but after I realise that nothing has been inserted on the database! I
think it's no commiting anything and the data gets lost! Any ideas? I really
apreciat your help :)

Re: Transaction across multiple SqlMapConfig

Posted by Dave Curylo <cu...@asme.org>.
Not knowing what your environment is, this may or may not be useful to you.
 Using .NET 3.5 and SQL Server 2008, when you execute multiple statements
using the same connection pool (same string) and within the same
TransactionScope, the transaction will remain lightweight.  It is only
promoted to a distributed transaction if you use a different connection
string.  This was a big difference from .NET 2.0 and older versions of SQL
Server and has allowed me to use a TransactionScope more effectively.

using(TransactionScope scope = new TransactionScope())
{
   // Multiple DataMapper calls can occur here using different mapping files
   // as long as they use the same connection string.
}

Read details about it in the section titled "Promotable Transactions in SQL
Server 2008" here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms172070.aspx

Again, if you're not able to use .NET 3.5 or SQL Server 2008, I'm afraid
this won't be helpful, but I just wanted to make you aware of it in case
that is an option for you.

Posted by jozeibatis <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael McCurrey <mm...@gmail.com>.