Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by do...@us.ibm.com on 2002/02/25 22:15:58 UTC

[ANN] Xalan-J 2.3.1 gold release posted

We have posted Xalan-J 2.3.1 to our website. This point release includes a
JAR
that was missing from our 2.3.0 distribution files: regexp.jar Beginning
with release 2.3.0,
regexp.jar is required to compile translets and use the XSLTC API.

The Xalan-J 2.3 release includes a significant number of changes since our
previous 2.2 release, including:

-- Xalan-J now includes Xerces-J 2.0.0 instead of 1.4.4; note that
xerces.jar has changed names to xercesImpl.jar.

-- A number of bugfixes and some performance improvements have been added.

-- The Xalan-J 1.x backwards compatibility API's have been removed.

-- The XSLTC implementation included with Xalan-J has updates to a new
version of BCEL with a new bin/regexp.jar.

-- For more details on changes, between 2.2 and 2.3 see
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/readme.html#done

Website: http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/

Downloads: (with associated .sig files)
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/dist/xalan-j_2_3_1-bin.zip and .tar.gz