Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by David GUYOT <da...@europecamions-interactive.com> on 2011/10/05 17:18:27 UTC

How to empty SolR Cache

Hello, everybody.

Firstly, I must advise you that I'm a probie with mailing lists and a
Froggie, so please excuse that could look as obvious errors, in both
computing and language.

I'm currently trying to benchmark my SolR install with a custom script,
but this benchmark must be run with all SolR caches empty; is there a
way to erase SolR caches by a command or to restart SolR with an option
to avoid cache autowarming?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards.
--
David GUYOT
Sys admin

Tel.:03.29.30.47.85

Re: How to empty SolR Cache

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 10/5/2011 9:18 AM, David GUYOT wrote:
> I'm currently trying to benchmark my SolR install with a custom script,
> but this benchmark must be run with all SolR caches empty; is there a
> way to erase SolR caches by a command or to restart SolR with an option
> to avoid cache autowarming?

Remove any firstSearcher or newSearcher warming queries, and set
autoWarm to 0 on all caches.  Once you've done that, all caches for that
core will be empty if you restart Solr, reload the core, or do any kind
of index update.  That will let you get worst-case scenario benchmarks.

You may already know this, but I'll say it anyway: Those benchmarks will
not reflect real-world performance with a typical well-tuned configuration.

Thanks,
Shawn