Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by TOPPER_HARLEY <TR...@ERICSSON.COM> on 2007/08/16 17:58:23 UTC

How to know when connection/temp queue is dormant/

Hi all,
We are using temp queues for our communication, one per client. We have an
issue that when the client JVM is killed using say "kill -9" in unix that
the connection and temp queue that this client created remain in the broker,
possibly with some data on it. Both seem to remain there indefinitely. They
are deleted when we stop the connection using JConsole which is good. Is
there any better way to handle this, possibly programmatically. I tried
setting "maxInactivityDuration" to 10000 (milliseconds) on the broker URL
but it didnt seem to remove the connection or temp queue after the specified
10 seconds (I put a breakpoint in consumer code so that it didnt return).
Also when I look at JConsole for the connection, its attributes dont
indicate any issue with it, slow=false, blocked=false etc etc. Is there
anyway to know that the JVM that created the connection is dead and to
remove the connection & queue?

Thanks for any info

Trevor