Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edu <ed...@complex.com.br> on 2002/12/23 20:37:23 UTC

Tomcat and Jboss

I don't know if this is about Tomcat, Jboss, or something else.

I created a EJB pack and deployed at the server (Jboss). Made a java program
client to test
it and all is Ok. But when I try to use a jsp page to use the service, I get
java.lang.ClassCastException message.
I can get the context , the reference , but when I try to
get a reference to the bean's Home interface the error happens.
This is the line with the problem:

ServiceHome1 home =(ServiceHome1) PortableRemoteObject.narrow (ref,
ServiceHome1.class);

the same line runs ok at a java program at the same machine.

I use Tomcat/Jboss and the Jboss libs are in %CATALINA_HOME%/commom/lib

The classe ServiceHome1 is in:
%CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/myApp/WEB-INF/classes/ejb1/

In a  JSP ( %CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/myApp/page.jsp  )  I use:

<%@ page import="ejb1.Service1"%>
<%@ page import="ejb1.ServiceHome1"%>

also the file service1.jar is in %CATALINA_HOME%/common/lib

Any help?