Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jason Galea <j...@eightdegrees.com.au> on 2002/02/07 16:29:07 UTC

Re: mod_perl, OpenPGP & Math::Pari - Solved

someone coulda told me to RTFM.. 8) then again I've read it before, so
it probably wouldn't have helped, but just for those who have doubts...

PerlFreshRestart is BAD!!

but it's bad in a weird way cos it didn't affect my test server, but
when I turned it off on the production server everything was good
again... 8)

Jason Galea wrote:

> Ged Haywood wrote:
>

>> There's a file in the mod_perl directory called SUPPORT.  (That bit
>> about 'perl -V' was taken from there. :)  SUPPORT contains detailed
>> instructions about what to do when mod_perl crashes, including what
>> information to provide and how to generate a stack backtrace.
>>
>> 73,
>> Ged.
>>

> yeh, read that... I guess I shoudn't have used the word "crashes" as
> it's really "dies" when it tries to do a numeric comparison on an
> alphanumeric string, which is entirely reasonable, so I'm not getting a
> core dump, and I don't think mod_perl itself is at fault. I suspect the
> implementation of GP/Pari as I ended up with the "worst case" as
> mentioned in the Math::Pari install and manually copied (as instructed)
> what I guess is a 'C' library file of some description (paricfg.h - I am
> by no stretch a C programmer..) to the proper location. It all seemed to
> work ok after that and as I had had troubles prior I already had my test
> scripts which all ran fine so I thought Hooray! Then I implemented the
> real system and got the errors mentioned.
>
> What I still don't understand is why the test scripts run ok, but the
> mod_perl implementation doesn't. (But on my dev server everything works
> as it should..)
>
> I'm going to reinstall GP/Pari on the production server using the
> src.rpm I found on the Pari site, then if that goes ok I might be able
> to install/update Math::Pari without errors, then maybe it'll all work..
> that's the plan anyway..
>
> cheers,

Web Developer

Eight Degrees Off Centre
http://www.eightdegrees.com.au/

Re: mod_perl, OpenPGP & Math::Pari - Solved

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi again,

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Jason Galea wrote:

> someone coulda told me to RTFM.. 8)

That's what I was trying to tell you. :)

73,
Ged.