Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@lerdorf.on.ca> on 1997/12/14 02:13:15 UTC

More on IE4 keep-alive error

Ok, I have set up a little test.  Load up IE4 and try these two URL's:

  http://www.lerdorf.on.ca/php3/credits.php3

and

  http://www.lerdorf.on.ca:81/php3/credits.php3

The only difference between the two servers is that the one on port 80 has
r->connection->keepalive set to -1 right before the call to
send_http_header().

When I load up the port 81 page a dialog pops up which says:

  "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet Site http://www.ler....
   Could not complete operation due to error 800c0008"

and it shows me about 3/4 of the page.  The port 80 URL comes up fine.
Both servers are set up with the same document root for the
www.lerdorf.on.ca host-header virtual host, so it is the exact same file
being served up in both cases.

-Rasmus