Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Alan Graves <ag...@deltacontrols.com> on 2016/12/23 20:00:12 UTC

newt build error

Hi dev,

For my environment I'm running Ubuntu 16.x in a VMWare environment under Windows 7. I also have Go 1.6 installed and working.
The problem is that I've been trying to do a native Linux install of newt and I get a strange Go? error, which unfortunately prevents some executables from being build:

agraves@agravesLNXPV3997:~/dev/go/src/mynewt.apache.org/newt/newt$ go get
# mynewt.apache.org/newt/newt/syscfg
syscfg/syscfg.go:923: constant 4294967295 overflows int
agraves@agravesLNXPV3997:~/dev/go/src/mynewt.apache.org/newt/newt$<mailto:agraves@agravesLNXPV3997:~/dev/go/src/mynewt.apache.org/newt/newt$>
agraves@agravesLNXPV3997:~/dev/go/src/mynewt.apache.org/newt/newt$ cd $GOPATH
agraves@agravesLNXPV3997:~/dev/go$ ls
bin  pkg  src
agraves@agravesLNXPV3997:~/dev/go$ cd bin
agraves@agravesLNXPV3997:~/dev/go/bin$ ls
agg        codecgen  eg          gorename  h2i           mc       stress
basic      colcmp    fiximports  gotext    heapview      newtmgr  stringer
benchcmp   cover     godex       gotype    hello         newtvm   tip
bundle     crypt     goimports   goyacc    hook          present  toolstash
callgraph  digraph   gomvpkg     guru      html2article  ssadump
agraves@agravesLNXPV3997:~/dev/go/bin$

Unfortunately, Go is Greek to me, although it might be interesting to figure out, I was hoping to simply test drive things on a nRF52832 Preview DK. On an aside do you know if anyone has tried using the newly released BLE 5 nRF52840 Preview DK?

Any help getting my setup going would be appreciated.

Thanks,
ALan

RE: newt build error

Posted by Alan Graves <ag...@deltacontrols.com>.
Hi Fabio,

Dang it I believe that is correct. I was going to use a VirtualBox with Xbuntu that I have at home, but IT had set this computer up for typical developer use within the company.

I guess I'll give it a try at home - over the holidays... Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
ALan

Posted by Fabio Utzig <ut...@utzig.org>.
Alan,

RE: newt build error

Posted by Alan Graves <ag...@deltacontrols.com>.
Hi Sterling,

agraves@agravesLNXPV3997:~/dev/go/src/mynewt.apache.org/newt/newt$ go version

Re: newt build error

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@apache.org>.
Hi Alan,

Re: newt build error

Posted by Alan Graves <ag...@deltacontrols.com>.
Hi Sterling,

Thanks that's good to hear.

I got the build working under the virtualized xubuntu environment, however the USB SWD debugger on the Nordic board kept crashing my PC. I'm hoping that the PC MB is the source of the blue screens I've been getting, at least I'll find out once Dell replaces it...

I'm curious if anyone else is using a VM for developing on the Nordic or other board?

BTW As a test I repeated everything on a dedicated xubuntu machine without any issues, including download to flash and working with JLinkExe.

ALan

Re: newt build error

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@apache.org>.
Hi Alan,