Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mark P Ashworth <in...@connext.co.za> on 2007/06/15 14:55:49 UTC

[S2] Has anyone used Open Flash Chart with Struts 2

Good Day,

I am evaluating charting packages and was wondering if anyone has used Open
Flash Chart with Struts or event Struts 2?

Any information would be helpful.

Regards,
Mark P Ashworth
http://www.connext.co.za

Re: Getting error in jsp like Failed to load or instantiate TagExtraInfo class :or.apache.struts.taglib.bean.HeaderTei

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
bhanuprakash.singh@wipro.com wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am preparing a sample Struts applications but getting error in jsp
> like
> Failed to load or instantiate TagExtraInfo class
> :org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.HeaderTei
>
> I have allthe jars required for the struts application

Are you sure? What version of Struts are you using? What servlet
container are you deploying to? Have you checked to make sure there
aren't multiple copies of Struts or any other libraries on the
classpath? Is there is a stack trace, or any other additional
information in the server/application log files?

L.

Getting error in jsp like Failed to load or instantiate TagExtraInfo class :or.apache.struts.taglib.bean.HeaderTei

Posted by bh...@wipro.com.

Hi all,
I am preparing a sample Struts applications but getting error in jsp
like
Failed to load or instantiate TagExtraInfo class
:org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.HeaderTei

I have allthe jars required for the struts application

Please let  me know

Regards
Bhanu

www.wipro.com

Getting error in jsp like Failed to load or instantiate TagExtraInfo class :or.apache.struts.taglib.bean.HeaderTei

Posted by bh...@wipro.com.
Hi all,
I am preparing a sample Struts applications but getting exception like

Re: [S2] Has anyone used Open Flash Chart with Struts 2

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Dojo controls are great but i REALLY like the animation characteristics of
Flash...
the only true working inter-operability testcases I 've seen working is to
write FormBean/QueryString to XML and Post to Flash and send XML

What I've seen work is Flex swf posts to your WebService e.g.
/*********start AMFPHPDrupal.xml**********/
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="absolute"
width="430" height="270">

 <!-- set up a RemoteObject with which to access the services api -->
 <mx:RemoteObject id="node" fault="faultHandler(event)"
showBusyCursor="true" source="node" destination="amfphp">
        <mx:method name="load" result="resultHandler(event)" />
    </mx:RemoteObject>

 <mx:Script>
     <![CDATA[
      //import the required packages and classes
         import mx.rpc.remoting.RemoteObject;
         import mx.rpc.events.ResultEvent;
         import mx.rpc.events.FaultEvent;

   //declare an object to store the data we retrieve
         [Bindable]
         public var resObject:Object;

   //declare an event handler to deal with the result
         public function resultHandler(event:ResultEvent):void {

          //set the bindable object to the value of the result
          resObject = event.result;

          //set the value of the TextArea to the title of the loaded node
    result_text.text = "Success! The title of your node is: " +
event.result.title;
         }

   //declare an event handler to deal with a potential fault
         public function faultHandler (event:FaultEvent):void {

           //set the value of the TextArea to the fault in the event of
failure
             result_text.text = "fault: " + String(event.fault);
         }
     ]]>
 </mx:Script>

<!-- note that by naming a RemoteObject the same as the Drupal service, we
get a relative mirror of the Services and Drupal api;
   "node" - the service
   "load" - the method
   "node.load" - clear & concise
-->

<!-- set up simple ui elements to invoke the service & display the
result -->
<mx:Button id="btn" label="Load that node!" click="node.load(1);"
width="115" bottom="5" right="15" />
<mx:TextArea width="400" height="200" id="result_text" horizontalCenter="0"
verticalCenter="0"/>
<mx:Label left="15" top="10" text="Result:"/>
</mx:Application>

Flex Form and Controls call out to your web service.
M--