Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Robert L. Harris" <Ro...@rdlg.net> on 2002/03/07 20:53:23 UTC

Virtual Host with SSL?

I currently have a Vhost set up on my apache server.  I've been given an
IP for it so I can put SSL on the site.  I currently have this:

NameVirtualHost *
<VirtualHost *>
  ServerName site1.company.com
  ServerAlias site1
  DocumentRoot /var/www-site1
</VirtualHost>

If I'm given the IP 10.10.120.127 would the entry just become:

NameVirtualHost *
<VirtualHost 10.10.120.127>
  ServerName site1.company.com
  ServerAlias site1
  DocumentRoot /var/www-site1
  SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key
  SLCACertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
</VirtualHost>

?

Is a .pem file (1 file containing both?) easier to manage?  Yeah, I'm
new to doing this SSL with apache.

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER: