Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Mordechai Ben-Zecharia <Mo...@mobileye.com> on 2021/09/14 12:34:16 UTC

Join the python iceberg project

Hi

I want to join the effort of the iceberg python package.
I have several years of Python/Big data/Backend/ML experience and will be happy to donate code to this project
Do you have any guidelines and some learning materials?
Thanks

Mordechai Ben Zecharia
Big Data Engineer | Data Engineering
Tel +972-2-5417333 | Cell +972-54-2240755
Mobileye, An Intel Company | mobileye.com
<https://mobileye.com/>

[cid:fee7fc4d-846c-45bb-b5dd-7b77a61eb3a0]

Re: Join the python iceberg project

Posted by "Jun H." <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mordechai,

Thanks for your interest! Addition to what Jack mentioned, we also have a
slack channel #python in apache-iceberg slack workspace for the iceberg
python library.

As the iceberg python library is an implementation of iceberg spec, it
would be great to get familiar with the spec
<https://iceberg.apache.org/spec/>. You can also take a look at the
existing python implementation
<https://github.com/apache/iceberg/tree/master/python>.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Jun

Posted by Jack Ye <ye...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mordechai,