Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeroen Leenarts <je...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/04 15:51:19 UTC

Compile fails during install, while running compile succeeds

I'm not sure how to debug this, but this is what happened after having
upgraded to Maven 2.0.6. I have checked my dependency management sections as
described in the release notes. No conflicts there.

1. Get a fresh code base.
2. When I run "mvn install" the build fails during the compile phase of a
project.
3. While running "mvn compile" always succeeds on the same set of source
files.
4. Running "mvn install" again results in a successful build.
5. Running "mvn clean install" again results in a failure during the compile
phase.

Seems like a problem I should be capable of narrowing down, right? Well, the
thing is, the compile can fail and abort maven 2 at several different
projects.
I've tried running with the -X option and diff-ed the relevant sections of
output. Nothing there.

Anybody got any clues what could cause such behavior? Or even how I might
debug this?
In my opinion running "mvn install" or "mvn compile" followed by "mvn
install" should make no difference. Install requires passing the install
phase.

Regards,
Jeroen

Re: Compile fails during install, while running compile succeeds

Posted by Jeroen Leenarts <je...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I've got an interesting problem on my hands. I've just checked with our
"compliancy officer" and I am not allowed to post the output on the
internet. The risks of anonymizing and missing something is too great. (Log
file of over 600KiB.) I can understand the reasoning, because it would
provide a social hacker valuable details about current operations. And since
I'm contracted at a big bank right now, I don't want to "kill myself".
Figuratively speaking.

I will look into reproducing this issue. And posting that output. But since
2.0.5 works for now and time constraints...  :(

*sigh*

Jeroen

Posted by Jeroen Leenarts <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.