Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by venkat naidu <ve...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/21 15:58:38 UTC

Xerces-C++ Build

Hi
    All,

    i am facing a very unusual problem, please let me know if am doing
anything wrong and also please suggest me any work around for this.

 i have built Xerces-c-2.6.0 without ICU on Linux machine with GCC compiler
and also ran the test cases of Xerces-c-2.6.0 and they are pretty much
working fine.

 then , i have taken up the Xerces-c-2.7.0 and built it without ICU with GCC
compiler on Linux machine.

Then i have done some unusual thing, i had ran the test cases of
Xerces-2.6.0 linking with Xerces-.2.7.0 libraries.

to be interesting the tests have reported some name mangling problem.

i just wanted to test the Backward compatibility of the libraries.

Later i figured out the problem might be with NAMESPACE inclusion , so i
have built both Xerce-c2.6.0 and Xerces-c2.7.0 without NAMESPACE.

Even then if i tried to execute the test case then also its showing some
name mangling problem.

please help me in this issue.

 Thanks and Regards
  Venkat

Re: Xerces-C++ Build

Posted by Vitaly Prapirny <ma...@mebius.net>.
Hi,
venkat naidu wrote:
> Then i have done some unusual thing, i had ran the test cases of
> Xerces-2.6.0 linking with Xerces-.2.7.0 libraries.
>
> i just wanted to test the Backward compatibility of the libraries.

Xerces-C++ doesn't provide this level of compatibility.

Good luck!
	Vitaly