Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sony Thomas <so...@genialgenetics.com> on 2006/01/31 16:42:28 UTC

Need some advice

Hi Friends,

I have an ActionForm and this ActionForm contains another ActionForm
nested in it. Is there is any way to set values to my nested  ActionForm
when I submit from the JSP. Please give me some suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Sony Thomas

Re: Need some advice

Posted by Hubert Rabago <hr...@gmail.com>.
You should name the fields in a way that allows Struts (BeanUtils,
actually) to get to the correct property, such as "address.street".

Also, make sure your accessor for the nested bean always returns a
non-null bean, or else you'll get an NPE when the form is submitted.

Hubert