Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by jonh <jo...@arity.com> on 2020/01/17 20:14:04 UTC

Average get time not supported for getAll

We have metrics enabled for our cache and would like to see the average get
times. We are using getAll() in our code, but are not able to retrieve the
average time for these. We do, however, receive metrics regarding total #
gets/hits/etc. but nothing regarding time.

If I use the get() method or do it via REST (curl
"http://localhost:8080/ignite?cmd=get&cacheName=our-cache&keyType=long&key=8646941489982609278")
I am able to see the average times.

Is there something I am missing?

Re: Average get time not supported for getAll

Posted by Alexandr Shapkin <le...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Roughly speaking, the getAll() internally being transformed into a sequence
of an individual get() operations. That's why Ignite doesn't provide a
special metric for that and will utilize the same #getAverageGetTime(). At
the same time, Ignite does care about what caches' API is being used. I.e.
it will calculate the duration of the #getAll() method and divide it by the
actual value reads count.

So, you should consider listening for the same #getAverageGetTime() metrics.

-----
Alex Shapkin

Re: Average get time not supported for getAll