Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Miles Poindexter <mi...@openly.com> on 2001/03/03 00:32:43 UTC

getCookies bug?

Hi, newbie to the list here.
I was running Tomcat 3.2.1 on Mac OS X beta and I started having two weird bugs:

1. Tomcat would hang on the first 3 to 6 requests and then finally start working. Then everything would work fine.
2. A few times, before it would cease to hang, I would get an error from the Hotspot java machine. A fatal error about bad memory space, etc.

This same collection of servlets that make up my site work fine on ServletExec, which we are trying to replace with Tomcat.

So I switched to the new Tomcat 4.0 b1 and am having difficulty getting it functional.
At first I had to change the shell script to add my CLASSPATH to it's own. 3.2.1 did this, I wonder why it was disabled on 4.0?
Then I had to set both the TOMCAT_HOME and JAVA_HOME which 3.2.1 used to correctly guess on its own.
OS X puts the java tools binaries in a folder called "Commands" so I had to create an alias called "bin" that pointed to that.

Now it is running, but I get a ClassCastException from catalina when my servlet asks the request objects for the cookies. Is this a bug?

Also, how to I make alias to servlets? I did this in web.xml with 3.2.1 but this fails with 4.0. I want to make a URI like: /hello  point to a servlet.

Thanks for the help!

- miles