Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sean Sechrist <ss...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/03 17:24:14 UTC

DistCp stuck in initialize

Is there any reason why a disctp wouldn't work if it's using a system doing
ip masquerading as a gateway? We are able to do hadoop dfs -cp from our
production grid to our dev grid, but doing a distcp, all of the map tasks
just sit in the initialize phase until they time out.

More info: We have 3 VLANS a prod, dev, and backup , and the backup vlan has
an interface on all 3 subnets (.9) The routing tables have been adjusted on
all machines to use the .9 address for it's local subnet when communicating
with one of the other VLANs.
The iptables rule used on the backup box is 'iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING
-j MASQUERADE'

Thanks,
Sean