Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by alex kamil <al...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/18 19:35:59 UTC

Re: tables are not showing in HBase & joins are not working

Firas, this is strange,
do you see errors in hbase logs?
what hbase and phoenix versions are you using?
if you create tables in hbase  directly (via hbase shell) do you see them?
are there any special characters, quotes in table names?

Alex

Posted by Firas Khasawneh <Fi...@sas.com>.
Thanks Samarth!

Posted by Samarth Jain <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Firas,

Posted by Firas Khasawneh <Fi...@sas.com>.
Hi Alex,

The join worked like a charm! Thanks!

I am still not able to see the tables in HBase though. Below is the error I am getting when I try to scan one of these tables:

hbase(main):001:0> scan 'person'
ROW                                                 COLUMN+CELL
SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.6.1.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/lib/zookeeper/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.6.1.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.

ERROR: Unknown table person!

Thanks,
Firas

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
No, no map-reduce runs when any sql statements are executed. We have a bulk
csv loader that uses map-reduce.

Thanks,
James

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.