Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2007/11/30 13:50:05 UTC

Keeping up with Toby :)

Our good friend Toby (tm_jee) has been closing a lot of tickets on the
WebWork side. I expect that some of these could be ported to Struts 2.
If anyone is looking for an opportunity to learn more about Struts 2,
we could use volunteers to review Toby's WW patches and port them to
S2. Of course, if the volunteer were not a committer, I'd be happy to
apply the patches on this side (though, I can't promise same day
service!).

-Ted.

Re: Keeping up with Toby :)

Posted by Martin Gilday <ma...@imap.cc>.
I've contacted Toby to see what he considers the greatest changes he has
made to WW recently.  Below is the list he replied with.

I have had a crack at WW-1485, which alreadt existed as WW-2294. As it
is really more of a XWork issue I have created
http://jira.opensymphony.com/browse/XW-593
I've ported over the test Toby made as well and all are still passing.
If someone could give it a quick look that would be great.  There were
just a couple of files I was unsure of, and listed on the JIRA issue.

WW-1466 (Updgrate Ognl dependency to 2.7 for WebWork 2.2.6 release)  //
DONE
WW-1485 (Parameterizing i18n messages) // WW-2294 + XW-593
WW-1453 (customOnSubmit_parameters&#8203;.id() function name cause
problem when parameters.id contains forbidden characters)
WW-1456 (IE not friendly to SSL headers in JasperReportsResult)
WW-1475 (ChainingInterceptor does not properly parse the incoming
included or excluded methods)
WW-1489 (Handling of unchecked checkboxes) //DONE?

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: Keeping up with Toby :)

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
Ted,

I'd like to take a crack at this one. I am not a committer, but I've
worked in both the s2 and xwork2 codebase.

-Wes

On 11/30/07, Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'd also suggest focusing on the 2.1.x head, rather than worrying
> about backporting to the 2.0.x branch, unless of course it's something
> so nasty that we should roll a 2.0.12 release.
>
> We're probably in good shape for 2.1.x. I believe it's mainly a matter
> of catching up on the patches and wrapping up the CodeBehind/SmartURLs
> merger.
>
> -T.
>
> On Nov 30, 2007 8:43 AM, Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Sure. Just try to see if there is already a matching ticket. Phil
> > created a few during the transition period that might still be open.
> >

> > On Nov 30, 2007 8:15 AM, Martin Gilday <ma...@imap.cc> wrote:
> > > Should we just create a matching Struts 2 JIRA issue, linking to the WW
> > > one and attach the patch there?

Wesley Wannemacher
President, Head Engineer/Consultant
WanTii, Inc.