Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by James Bombed <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2001/11/13 22:43:24 UTC

DefaultPacketHandler problem Phoenix release 4.0

I am converting my code from the unreleased phoenix/cornerstone to the
released phoenix and the latest version cornerstone.
DefaultPacketManager is used in the code. Int the pre release configuration
it didn't do much - I suspect it was an error on my part.  Packets would
come   in and the handler would not be invoked. I tested it using some
command-line generated packets.
In the release configuration the DefaultPacketManager fails with the
following stack trace

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
	at
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.packet.DefaultPacketManager.connect(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.packet.DefaultPacketManager.connect(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.BlockInvocationHandler.invoke(BlockInvocationHandler.java:91)
	at $Proxy1.connect(Unknown Source)
	at
com.wfl.imserver.blocks.messageconnection.MessageConnectionImpl.initialize(Unknown
Source)	at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.LifecycleHelper.startup(LifecycleHelper.java:200)

which I am pretty damn sure is not my fault. Any workaround suggestions?

As I am doing the conversion from unreleased to released code I may as well
submit to differences/strange behaviours to bugzilla. Where is the avalon
bugzilla and where can I get an ID?

Bill Logan

Re: DefaultPacketHandler problem Phoenix release 4.0

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
Im unable to reproduce this. Can you give a more thourough description of
your environment. The latest from all CVSes seems to work for me. (running
IBMs jdk1.3 on linux)

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 08:43, James Bombed wrote:
> I am converting my code from the unreleased phoenix/cornerstone to the
> released phoenix and the latest version cornerstone.
> DefaultPacketManager is used in the code. Int the pre release configuration
> it didn't do much - I suspect it was an error on my part.  Packets would
> come   in and the handler would not be invoked. I tested it using some
> command-line generated packets.
> In the release configuration the DefaultPacketManager fails with the
> following stack trace
>

> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
> 	at
> org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.packet.DefaultPacketManager.connect(Un
>known Source)
> 	at
> org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.packet.DefaultPacketManager.connect(Un
>known Source)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> 	at
> org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.BlockInvocationHandler.inv
>oke(BlockInvocationHandler.java:91) at $Proxy1.connect(Unknown Source)
> 	at
> com.wfl.imserver.blocks.messageconnection.MessageConnectionImpl.initialize(
>Unknown Source)	at
> org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.LifecycleHelper.startup(Li
>fecycleHelper.java:200)
>

> which I am pretty damn sure is not my fault. Any workaround suggestions?
>
> As I am doing the conversion from unreleased to released code I may as well
> submit to differences/strange behaviours to bugzilla. Where is the avalon
> bugzilla and where can I get an ID?
>
> Bill Logan

Cheers,

Pete