Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Raughan <dc...@perimeterusa.com> on 2010/11/01 21:03:44 UTC

Unable to find cxf.xml

I am working on using CXF on the Virgo OSGi platform (built on Equinox),
using Maven for the builder. I previously had this working using the
non-OSGi jar files, but really need to move to the OSGi version. When I
launch this web bundle (lives in a war file), I get the following exception

{code:title=Exception}
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
IOException parsing XML document from OSGi
resource[classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml|bnd.id=83|bnd.sym=com.company.com.company.app.osgi.server];
nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: OSGi
resource[classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml|bnd.id=83|bnd.sym=com.company.com.company.app.osgi.server]
cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:341)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:302)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:143)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:178)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.importBeanDefinitionResource(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:187)
	... 40 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: OSGi
resource[classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml|bnd.id=83|bnd.sym=com.company.com.company.app.osgi.server]
cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist
	at
org.springframework.osgi.io.OsgiBundleResource.getURL(OsgiBundleResource.java:228)
	at
org.springframework.osgi.io.OsgiBundleResource.getInputStream(OsgiBundleResource.java:180)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:328)
	... 44 common frames omitted
{code}

{code:title=applicationContext.xml}
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
	xmlns:context="http://www.springframework.org/schema/context"
	xmlns:osgi="http://www.springframework.org/schema/osgi"
	xmlns:cxf="http://cxf.apache.org/core"
		http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd
		http://www.springframework.org/schema/context
http://www.springframework.org/schema/context/spring-context.xsd
		http://www.springframework.org/schema/osgi
http://www.springframework.org/schema/osgi/spring-osgi.xsd
		http://cxf.apache.org/core http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/core.xsd"
	default-autowire="byName">

	<import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-soap.xml" />
	<import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml" />
//...
<beans>
{code}

{code:title=pom.xml}
<dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
      <artifactId>cxf-bundle-minimal</artifactId>
      <version>2.2.9</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
{code}

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Unable to find cxf.xml

Posted by Raughan <dc...@perimeterusa.com>.
I am rather embarrassed to say, but you are correct. Since my earlier
implementation was including the dependencies in the war file, I forgot to
move it to an OSGi import.

Issue resolved.

Thanks.

Re: Unable to find cxf.xml

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
If you install the camel-cxf and cxf-bundle at the same time, Please
check out this thread[1].

[1]http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/CXF-Startup-issue-with-Camel-in-OSGI-runtime-tp3241913p3247484.html

Willem
----------------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://www.fusesource.com
          http://jnn.javaeye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang

Re: Unable to find cxf.xml

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> [...]

> 		http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd
> 		http://www.springframework.org/schema/context
> http://www.springframework.org/schema/context/spring-context.xsd
> 		http://www.springframework.org/schema/osgi
> http://www.springframework.org/schema/osgi/spring-osgi.xsd
> 		http://cxf.apache.org/core http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/core.xsd"
> 	default-autowire="byName">
>
> 	<import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml" />
> 	<import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-soap.xml" />
> 	<import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml" />
> //...
> <beans>
> {code}
>
> {code:title=pom.xml}
> <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
>      <artifactId>cxf-bundle-minimal</artifactId>

Freeman Fang

FuseSource: http://fusesource.com
blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/freemanfang