Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/06 02:59:40 UTC

more content on wikipedia

As you might already know that we have presence on Wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenEJB .

I was thinking that if we can come up with more content for our wikipedia
page, that would be great. For example, I recently worked on validation and
am thinking about writing a small paragraph on that. Of course, I will first
share it with the list so that it goes through more eyes and then we can
post it.
If you have worked on something or are aware of some features which you
think could go on our Wikipedia page, please share it here on this thread.
Better, if you can actually write up a few lines.
One idea could be if we could just expand a little bit on the Major features
listed on the page.

We should also provide links to almost all the sections of our documentation
from that page and vice-versa, we should link to the wikipedia page from our
home page.

--
Karan Singh Malhi

Re: more content on wikipedia

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.
A few thoughts on this ...

Feel free to extend the article but it's not OUR article per se.
Additionally I would suggest reading a bit about the concept of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NPOV. Why, because one shouldn't be
self-promoting its own software on wikipedia. Wikipedia isn't a howto
or collection as well. For such a thing they provide Wikibooks
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Main_Page).

Cheers
Daniel