Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2012/11/06 20:48:27 UTC

Hackathon and Next Meetup

We should do a hackathon soon, say the start of December to squash 0.96
bugs?  Any preference for date?  How does December 4th sound to folks?
 Cloudera SF have offered to host.  I imagine a heads down, no talking, fix
it day where we try and get trunk into a branchable state.

Also, we should schedule the next meetup.  Our brothers over at WibiData
have kindly offered to host it in January, on the 23rd, 2013, which sounds
like a long ways off but isn't that far really (It seems, a good lead
time is good for bringing in the talks and upping the attendance).  If you
would like to present in January, write me off list.

Unless objection or another suggestion, I'll go ahead and post the two
dates above.

Thanks,
St.Ack

Re: Hackathon and Next Meetup

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:
> Unless objection or another suggestion, I'll go ahead and post the two dates
> above.

To close out this thread, I put up the following on meetup:

Meetup on January 23rd, 2013, at WibiData office:
http://www.meetup.com/hbaseusergroup/events/91381312/ (Write me off
list if you would like to present)
Hackathon on December 4th at Cloudera SF:
http://www.meetup.com/hackathon/events/90536432/

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the offer Stack but it's cool.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)