Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Manish Bafna <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/13 11:47:27 UTC

Facets, Get top 10 categories

Hi,
Is it possible to get top 10 facets and group the remaining in "Others".

Thanks,
Manish.

Re: Facets, Get top 10 categories

Posted by Dmitry Kan <dm...@gmail.com>.
If you mean, that you need to group facets starting after top-10 as
"Others", than I'm not sure if SOLR would allow you do this without
tweaking on the source code level.
However, it is still possible on the client side to grab those facet counts
that logically belong to "Others" group and sum their facets together or do
whatever you need on the client side.

Let me know if I misunderstood your question.

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Manish Bafna <ma...@gmail.com>wrote:

> How to mark remaining as "Others"
> That field is a multi-valued field and so cant do any calculation
> based on resultset count.
>
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Dmitry Kan <dm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You could do this on the client side, just read 10 first facets off the
> top
> > of the list and mark the remaining as "Others".
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Manish Bafna <
> manish.bafna.82@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> Is it possible to get top 10 facets and group the remaining in "Others".
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Manish.
> >>

> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Dmitry Kan

Dmitry Kan

Re: Facets, Get top 10 categories

Posted by Manish Bafna <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitry Kan <dm...@gmail.com>.
You could do this on the client side, just read 10 first facets off the top
of the list and mark the remaining as "Others".

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Manish Bafna <ma...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> Is it possible to get top 10 facets and group the remaining in "Others".
>
> Thanks,
> Manish.

Dmitry Kan