Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org> on 2017/11/27 05:40:23 UTC

Re: [Discuss] Disable/hide "RAW" measure in Kylin web GUI

Last year I raised this discussion but didn't have follow-up action.

Now we see there are still some new users misuse this feature, and then
face performance and maintenance issues.

In Kylin 2.1, the new "query pushdown" feature can forward the Cube
unmatched queries to alternative query engines like Hive / SparkSQL. The
raw data query is just such a scenario.

So I think it is time to disable the RAW measure on Kylin now.  JIRA
created for it: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-3062

Please comment if you see any issue.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋

Re: [Discuss] Disable/hide "RAW" measure in Kylin web GUI

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
+1 for complete removal.

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋

Re: [Discuss] Disable/hide "RAW" measure in Kylin web GUI

Posted by Billy Liu <bi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Billy Liu <bi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.