Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Seema Richard (UST, IND)" <Se...@ust-global.com> on 2010/09/04 18:02:05 UTC

[Trinidad] Dojo Bayeux compatibility/feasibility with Trinidad (Mobile)

In our regular web application which uses MyFaces 1.1 and JSP pages, we
have implemented Comet/Server-Side push using a Dojo Bayeux client in
the JSP page. Now we are developing a mobile web application using
Apache Trinidad (JSF 1.2) and Facelets. We are checking on the
feasibility of using the same Comet-Bayeux technology in this
application also.

So we had the following questions.

1. Are these libraries ie; Dojo/Bayeux/JSON compatible with Apache
Trinidad and Facelets?

2. Will this technology work properly in a mobile browser? We need to
support iPhone, Blackberry and Android devices

3. Accessing the web application from the mobile device might be using
WiFi or GPRS. Could there be any challenges when the Dojo client
receives and displays the latest updates periodically?

Thanks,

Seema