Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thierry Kormann <Th...@sophia.inria.fr> on 2000/10/23 19:07:12 UTC

Re: Masking

Hi,

>    I've written the filter side of the Mask operation, now I'm looking
> at how to tie it into the Bridge stuff.  What isn't clear to me is
> how I look up my source Graphics Node.

cool. There are still some bugs with mixing clip and transform. I will look at
that tomorrow with Vincent at the ApacheCon :)

>    Am I correct that there is currently no way to look up a
> GraphicsNode via it's 'id'?  I see that I can get it's DOM Element
> from the Document (I think) but I would have to recreate the subtree
> to use that, which I would rather not do (incidentally this appears to
> be what is currently done for filter chains which probably should be
> improved).

So, we put in place some association tables in the BridgeContext (that should
be used to perform animation).

I think , you can use a small hack that :

1/ use document.getElementbyID() on the DOM
2/ use the methode getGraphicsNode(Element) on the bridge to get the
   associated GraphicsNode.

Hope it helps,
Thierry.

--