Posted to users@directory.apache.org by "Murphree, Michael" <Mi...@compuware.com> on 2009/05/05 16:20:17 UTC

Trouble with XBean schema in 1.5.4

Greetings,

I'm trying to run the 1.5.4 directory server running in an Equinox stack
we've put together.  I was able to get the "embedded" example code
working (the server fired up, created the store, no transports), but I'm
not able to get the XBean syntax to work.  I get schema validation
errors when the parser attempts to validate the XML of the Spring file.
The first few errors were simple enough, allowed ordering of the
partition selections, allowed ordering of the interceptor selections...
The validation won't accept the reference "#datagramAcceptor" in the
datagramAcceptor element of the ntpServer element (and so on).

Spring is essentially never getting to the point where it is
instantiating objects because it can't get past the schema validation.

Versions:
-	Spring 2.5.5
-	Spring DM 1.1.2 (OSGi extensions)
-	XBean 3.3
-	Xerces 2.8.0
-	Bundle-ized jars from ApacheDS 1.5.4 download (Mina,
BouncyCastle, and Commons-Lang)

We are also running ActiveMQ with its XBean syntax on the same "pile of
stuff" with good effect.  I had a look at the 1.5.5 schema and it refers
to a lot of classes that don't exist in the 1.5.4 code base.

Do you have a correction for this schema, or do you have a plain Spring
syntax or example code that would allow me to fire up a default server?

Regards,

Michael Murphree
Compuware Corporation