Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ricardo Pertuz <ri...@kuasar.co> on 2023/04/16 23:49:25 UTC

Trying to simulate VMWare Hypervisor with MBX

Hi,

Has somebody achieved running MBX simulation with Vmware, I tried many configurations and the only that works was “mbx deploy 417-venv mbxt-kvm-el7 mbxt-vmware7” however the systems vms are not running and the hosts are in “in avoid set”

I have Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS with 32GB RAM, 8 Cores and 400 GB Storage

Regards

Ricardo P

Re: Trying to simulate VMWare Hypervisor with MBX

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Thanks for sharing Ricardo.

If I understand correctly I think if you're trying to run mbx in a VM, and runnning vmware esxi as VM in mbx, which is a VM - it may or may not work, I haven't tried double/triple nesting with mbx.

Regards.

From: Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>
Date: Monday, 17 April 2023, 12:10 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Hi Ricardo,

Yes, it works for me. I'm on Ubuntu 22.04 on a NUC9 mini-pc with Linux kernel 5.15.0-69-generic, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H, 64GB ram, and 1TB nvme.

You may want to check if your Ubuntu 20.04 based kernel can do vmxnet3 nic and if you're on the latest mbx (from Jan https://github.com/shapeblue/mbx), perhaps trying pull latest changes and run "mbx init" before the deploy command.

Regards.