Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by worik <wo...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/18 00:28:39 UTC

Errors in the wrong place and wrong format

My virtual host has errors redirected to:

Worik.errors.log

(ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/Worik.error.log)

It is in this virtueal host that I have set-up mod-perl.  Why then are
errors sent to error.log?

And why do errors emanating from mod_perl not have time stamps?

--
Why is the legal status of chardonnay different to that of cannabis?
       worik.stanton@gmail.com 021-1680650, (03) 4821804

Re: Errors in the wrong place and wrong format

Posted by John Dunlap <jo...@lariat.co>.
I use log4perl in my code for exactly this reason.

--
John Dunlap
*CTO | Lariat *

*Direct:*
*john@lariat.co <jo...@lariat.co>*

*Customer Service:*
877.268.6667
support@lariat.co

Re: Errors in the wrong place and wrong format

Posted by Vincent Veyron <vi...@libremen.org>.

Posted by Worik Stanton <wo...@gmail.com>.
On 21/11/14 04:19, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> I think that only redirects errors logged with Apche2::Log, not all of
> STDERR. There might be a workaround for capturing STDERR. I'd try searching
> the mailing list archives.
>
> - Perrin

I get "die" erors in one log file (the one specified for my virtual
host) and warn errors in /var/log/apache2/error.log

What on Earth could be the reason for that?

Worik

Posted by Perrin Harkins <ph...@gmail.com>.