Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/14 23:33:03 UTC

Re: vertical tabs with horizontal text

Hi Joseph,
sorry but in last days I was very busy with some fixes (and even Roger for
what I know) ... I'll look at your question tomorrow.

Thanks,
Sandro
 Il giorno 13/feb/2013 01:46, "Joseph Paterson" <jo...@gmail.com>
ha scritto:

Hello all,

In my application I've got a tabbed pane that is growing in number of tabs
and becoming a bit too wide, so I thought I'd switch to vertical tabs
rather than horizontal ones, however I find the vertical text makes my pane
_way_ too large. Is there a way to make the tabs vertical but the text
horizontal?

Many thanks,

Joseph.

RE: vertical tabs with horizontal text

Posted by "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Ro...@actian.com>.
Sorry I've been pretty busy, too.  But, I was going to say that I don't
think it is currently supported, but if you would like to take a crack
at doing it yourself, you would probably just have to change
TerraTabPaneSkin.java in order to do this.  That is where the
"tabOrientation" style is implemented, and where you would likely have
to add another style to change the text orientation in the vertical tab
case.  Would involve adding the style get/set methods, and changing the
"layout" and "paint" methods, and the mouse code.  So, not trivial, but
probably not that bad either.

~Roger Whitcomb