Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Haider Kazmi <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/11 13:46:48 UTC

i18n and struts problem

I will really appreciate if someone would give me a nudge in the correct direction.
I have japanese multibyte characters in Strings that I put in my jsps with <%=japanString%>
This data is corrupted when I view it in a japanese (SJIS) browser.

I can fix this if instead of using japaneString I do this

<%=new String(japanString.getBytes("SJIS"), "ISO8859_1")%>

but I don't want to do this everywhere, is there a struts tag that will do the conversion for me based on the charset I have specified with

response.setContentType()

Please help!

regards
Haider Kazmi

Re: i18n and struts problem

Posted by Tadashi Ishikawa <is...@wink.tis.co.jp>.
Are you using Tomcat? This is not Struts problem.

I changed populate() method of  RequestUtils.java in Struts-SRC. It
works fine.