Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com> on 2006/07/19 09:34:46 UTC

4.1 partial refresh

Hello,

I see that there is an "asynch" parameter in DirectLink.
But how can I partially refresh a Form?

Regards,
Norbi

Re: 4.1 partial refresh

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
That depends on what you mean by partially refresh. Any listener method can
call IRequestCycle.getResponseBuilder().updateComponent(String id), but it
won't do you any good unless the initiating request is asynchronous.

You can make requests asynchronous via @EventListener annotations or
DirectLink's right now. (It's actually a little higher up than DirectLink
specifically, but I haven't propogated the jwc changes down yet. )

On 7/19/06, Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I see that there is an "asynch" parameter in DirectLink.
> But how can I partially refresh a Form?
>
> Regards,
> Norbi

Jesse Kuhnert