Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Florian Micklich <fl...@disy.net.INVALID> on 2020/03/08 15:27:49 UTC

geodata and api-faker access in streampipes

Hi all,

So far I've worked with ISS streaming data, but I've started looking for more streaming geospatial data and found some sources:

    http://envirocar.github.io/enviroCar-server/api/ Car Service
    https://developer.flightstats.com/api-docs/flightstatus/v2 --> plane positions
    https://opendata.rnv-online.de/startinfo-api → RNV data
    https://dev.socrata.com/foundry/data.cityofnewyork.us/t29m-gskq → famous new york taxi data

and my two favorite ones

GeoLife mention in this block series --> https://anitagraser.com/category/gis/movement-data-in-gis/

and petrol stations with historic data --> https://creativecommons.tankerkoenig.de/

But most of the geodata does not have an API and can't be used in StreamPipes.

So I had a short coding session and created a small API with some test data . It is a ruby on rails API, running in docker and returns json data :)

It still needs some improvements but a first shot to access interesting data.

Everyone can find the API-Faker via Github -->  https://github.com/flomickl/api-faker with a short description.

Via Browser everything looks great but if I use it in StreamPipes I can't access it.

For example if i try:

http://localhost:5000/api/v1/animal/latest

I get

HttpStreamProtocol: Error while fetching data from URL: http://localhost:5000/api/v1/animal/latest

I also tried

127.0.0.1 → localhost
192.168.178.49 → IP of Host
172.17.0.1 → Docker IP

but still the same message.

Does anyone knows what to do to access the data?

Greetings and happy weekend

Florian

Disy Informationssysteme GmbH
Florian Micklich
Lösungsentwickler
+49 721 16006 477,  florian.micklich@disy.net

Firmensitz: Ludwig-Erhard-Allee 6, 76131 Karlsruhe
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 107964
Geschäftsführer: Claus Hofmann

Bitte beachten Sie folgende Informationen für Kunden, Lieferanten und Bewerber
- Datenschutz: www.disy.net/datenschutz
- Informationspflichten:  www.disy.net/informationspflichten