Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> on 2011/04/14 21:59:18 UTC

tools for reading the files in the log directory

Are there any existing tools for reading log.ctrl and the actual log
files? A quick glance at the engine and testing javadoc doesn't suggest
that such tools have been checked into the codeline. But maybe someone
has written some tools for their personal use or clipped them to a JIRA?

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: tools for reading the files in the log directory

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
On 4/15/2011 5:48 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:

> Thanks, Kathey. This is helpful. Even more useful would be tools which
> don't require you to boot Derby and potentially disturb the files.

Yes, that would be good.  I seem to remember a Jira for such a tool, but
can't find it.
  I tend to just unzip the database for each iterative run, but if it is
big that is a  pain.
One setting I forgot to mention is
derby.storage.logDumpStart=<log record>

If you are interested in dumping starting a particular record.

Kathey

Re: tools for reading the files in the log directory

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.