Posted to users@camel.apache.org by kingolego <jo...@sovereignsense.com> on 2013/02/27 23:07:23 UTC

camel content enricher Aggregtation Strategy example error?

The EIP Content Enricher page
<http://http://camel.apache.org/content-enricher.html>   has an example
implementation of an AggregationStrategy for use with an enrich(er).

I believe the example's use of resource.getOut() may be incorrect. In actual
use, the enricher (resource) Exchange has been "pipelined" like any other
exchange. In other words, you need to access resource.getIn() to access the
enriching data.

Perhaps there are route configurations where this would not be the case, but
it would be better if the example addressed the more general case.

If I'm missing something bigger, let me know.

Re: camel content enricher Aggregtation Strategy example error?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 11:07 PM, kingolego <jo...@sovereignsense.com> wrote:
> The EIP Content Enricher page
> <http://http://camel.apache.org/content-enricher.html>   has an example
> implementation of an AggregationStrategy for use with an enrich(er).
>
> I believe the example's use of resource.getOut() may be incorrect. In actual
> use, the enricher (resource) Exchange has been "pipelined" like any other
> exchange. In other words, you need to access resource.getIn() to access the
> enriching data.
>
> Perhaps there are route configurations where this would not be the case, but
> it would be better if the example addressed the more general case.
>
> If I'm missing something bigger, let me know.

Yes this is wrong. I have fixed the docs.

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com