Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Brian_E <br...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/23 20:32:47 UTC

Feature dependencies across kar files and custom repositories

Let's say I have a proper Kar file with a set of bundles and dependencies
defined to it, and it deploys properly on its own. For example's sake, lets
say it provides Feature A.

Next, I create a custom repository to be distributed with karaf (and
configured to be read from), and within this repository it defines Feature B
that depends on feature A within the Kar file.

Should this work? Is this supported?  Is there a defined startup order
within karaf that Kars get deployed before repositories are read from?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Feature dependencies across kar files and custom repositories

Posted by Brian_E <br...@gmail.com>.
I've seen it work, but there are others in my organization that swear up and
down that this can't work, or isn't supported, etc. I've asked to be shown
documentation where it says this won't work, and of course I get nothing
back. I just wanted to make sure this concept is sound and its ok to go
forward with.

Re: Feature dependencies across kar files and custom repositories

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
The kar files are extracted in the repositories? If yes I don't see any
reason why it shouldn't work? Do you encounter any problems or was this
just a rethorical question?

Kind regards,
Andreas