Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Federico Strati <fe...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/03 16:33:01 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Info for submitting a proposal

Hello,

I did review the guide for the proposal submission and I did review also the
current projects, but, as I'm not an APACHE contributor, I may lack
knowledge.

Hence I would like to know if I may explain in a short way my proposal
here and be helped and redirected in case of overlap with existing projects.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Federico Strati

Re: [PROPOSAL] Info for submitting a proposal

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Federico Strati <fe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> say to put the documents and code on sourceforge, for instance ?

anywhere that has a stable public URL is fine.
-Bertrand

Re: [PROPOSAL] Info for submitting a proposal

Posted by Federico Strati <fe...@gmail.com>.
say to put the documents and code on sourceforge, for instance ?

Thanks

Federico

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Federico Strati <fe...@gmail.com>.
...I would like to know if I may explain in a short way my proposal here
and be helped and redirected in case of overlap with existing projects...
> You're welcome to describe an incubation proposal here. Being concise
> often helps get people's attention.
>
> -Bertrand
Thanks, I'll prepare a short email then.
(is it possible to attach examples in code, say a zip file?)

I may anticipate that it has to do with software redundancy applied to
communication with databases.

Any pointer would be useful.

Best regards

Federico

Re: [PROPOSAL] Info for submitting a proposal

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,