Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Antonio Broughton <an...@flerwin.net> on 2006/08/29 04:14:52 UTC

PDFTranscoder batik version used

Hi,

I was just wondering, does the PDFTranscoder use batik-1.6 by default /
only used?

I ask this, because I have a program, that would always throw a
"java.lang.NullPointerException" when ever I goto call
PDFTranscoder.transcode().

I had an SVN trunk version of batik in the classpath, but it still did
it, and just for curiosity, I also added batik-all-1.6.jar to the
classpath, and *boom* it seemed to work!

Is there a way for telling the PDFTranscoder what version of Batik to
look for? or is this something within the code itself?

Or... is there some configuration option that I am using...

I am using both SVN trunk versions of Batik and FOP [from this morning NZST]

Thanks
Antonio Broughton

Re: PDFTranscoder batik version used

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
It works for me. Maybe we can help you further if you post the complete
stack trace and the code that you use to call the transcoder.

On 29.08.2006 04:14:52 Antonio Broughton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering, does the PDFTranscoder use batik-1.6 by default /
> only used?
>
> I ask this, because I have a program, that would always throw a
> "java.lang.NullPointerException" when ever I goto call
> PDFTranscoder.transcode().
>
> I had an SVN trunk version of batik in the classpath, but it still did
> it, and just for curiosity, I also added batik-all-1.6.jar to the
> classpath, and *boom* it seemed to work!
>
> Is there a way for telling the PDFTranscoder what version of Batik to
> look for? or is this something within the code itself?
>
> Or... is there some configuration option that I am using...
>
> I am using both SVN trunk versions of Batik and FOP [from this morning NZST]
>
> Thanks
> Antonio Broughton

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Integrate Static PDF

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
If I remember correctly, you said you're still on 0.20.5. BTW, it's a
good idea always to state the FOP version you're using. Saves you a
possible round-trip in case we don't know or are too lazy to look it up.
:-)

Anyway, if you're on 0.20.5 and run into these problems, you're stuck.
It's not possible to integrate existing PDF content, even with the
latest version of FOP. However, you should consider an upgrade to FOP
Trunk (from SVN) because there's a high possibility that your problems
will go away. We recently fixed a problem in this area which
dramatically reduces memory usage when many images are used.

On 29.08.2006 09:34:23 Peter Neu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I got the problem that I have lots of construction drawings in the pdfs I
> need to render. Most of them are jpg files around 50-90 kb. When I try to
> render them fop just gives up. Is there a way to integrate them if I have
> them already in pdf?

Jeremias Maerki

Integrate Static PDF