Posted to user@struts.apache.org by zahid mohammed <za...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/06 22:03:40 UTC

IE Caching problem..Struts Application Working fine in Firefox

 Hello All,
We have a struts application and the server is Tomcat 5.5. I have an
ArrayList (A) set in session and an Arraylist (B) which is a subset of A set
in request. The ArrayList B always has 10 elements and I use this to be
displayed in the jsp page using Logic:iterate tag. The first page displays
the arrayelements of List B from request, and when the user clicks next a
different action is called which selects a particular subset from A and puts
it in B and forwards to the same Jsp page to be displayed there. The next
page is working fine in Firefox and displays the new set of elements but in
IE 6.0 it displays the old set of elements, it doesnt get changed. I have
placed <% response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-cache"); //HTTP 1.1
response.setHeader("Pragma","no-cache"); //HTTP 1.0
response.setDateHeader("Expires",
-2000); //prevents caching response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-store");
//HTTP 1.1 %> on the top of the jsp and also <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma"
CONTENT="no-cache"> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1"> <META
HTTP-EQUIV="Cache-Control" CONTENT="no-cache"> in the head. I have also
placed <controller nocache="true"></controller> in the
struts-config.xml........Even after doing all these its not working in IE
6.0. But everything is fine in Firefox. I have been trying to solve this
problem from 2 days.
Please HELP!!!
Thanx,
Struts Programmer.

Re: IE Caching problem..Struts Application Working fine in Firefox

Posted by br...@bitstream.net.
I'm sorry to get your hopes up but the problem I had was related to IE
caching mime-types and must be different from yours.  I thought it might
be related but that seems unlikely now since the change in IE settings
didn't have any effect.

Here's the link if you're curious:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.pdf/browse_thread/thread/48d2ac112d4a8cb7/a8614dfa15525b2c%23a8614dfa15525b2c?sa=X&oi=groupsr&start=0&num=2

help for file upload

Posted by Debendra Barik <on...@yahoo.com>.
Hello,
can anybody help me, i have a problem in uploading file into mysql database.
I am not getting the right way how to do it.
Here i am giving some details about my ActionForm, javaBean and database table

//CompanyForm(ActionForm) has a member variable and setter/getter
private FormFile logo;
Public void setLogo(FormFile logo){
this.logo=logo;
}
public getLogo(){
return logo;
}

//javaBean
Company.java
private byte logo[];
setter
public setLogo(byte[] logo){
this.logo=logo;
}
public getLogo(){
return logo
}

Database Table name is company has field like:
logo Blob;

//java class directly communicating with database
CompanyDB{

Company getCompany(); // get company details from database and return a company object
insertCompany(Company company) // insert company into database, taking a company object.
}

Now the matter is how do i store uploaded file into company bean logo filed and send it to the database by calling nsertCompany(Company company) method. And again how do i retrive it and store in the CompanyAction form logo field to show in the GUI.
Anybody can suggest me about if any better way have to do it.
Thanks,
Debendra.

---------------------------------

Re: IE Caching problem..Struts Application Working fine in Firefox

Posted by Letícia Álvares Barbalho <le...@gmail.com>.
maybe you can show us a little bit of the code?

--
Letícia Álvares Barbalho
leticia.barbalho@gmail.com

Re: IE Caching problem..Struts Application Working fine in Firefox

Posted by zahid mohammed <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Letícia Álvares Barbalho <le...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

> > > in
> > > IE 6.0 it displays the old set of elements, it doesnt get changed. I
> > have
> > > placed <% response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-cache"); //HTTP 1.1
> > > response.setHeader("Pragma","no-cache"); //HTTP 1.0
> > > response.setDateHeader("Expires",
> > > -2000); //prevents caching response.setHeader
> > ("Cache-Control","no-store");
> > > //HTTP 1.1 %> on the top of the jsp and also <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma"
> > > CONTENT="no-cache"> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1"> <META
> > > HTTP-EQUIV="Cache-Control" CONTENT="no-cache"> in the head. I have
> also
> > > placed <controller nocache="true"></controller> in the
> > > struts-config.xml........Even after doing all these its not working in
> > IE
> > > 6.0. But everything is fine in Firefox. I have been trying to solve

Letícia Álvares Barbalho
leticia.barbalho@gmail.com

Re: IE Caching problem..Struts Application Working fine in Firefox

Posted by zahid mohammed <za...@gmail.com>.