Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by drubix <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/20 05:06:47 UTC

Cookie Manager with Include Controller

Hi,

I have a test plan that includes 4 elements:
* HTTP Cookie Manager
* Login request
* Request to secure page
* Logout request

This works perfectly.  Now, I want to encapsulate the login and logout
requests into separate jmx files so that they can be included in multiple
different test plans using Include Controllers.  However, I can't figure out
where to put the HTTP Cookie Manager so that the jsession ID generated by
the login request is used in the top level plan for the request to the
secure page.  I've tried to place it in both "login.jmx" and the top level
test plan that includes "login.jmx" using an Include Controller but in both
situations the Jsession ID returned from the login request isn't used for
the secure page request.

Is this a supported feature or should I just manually add the login request
and logout request to each test plan?

Thanks,

Drew

Re: Cookie Manager with Include Controller

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 20/04/2009, drubix <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I have a test plan that includes 4 elements:
>  * HTTP Cookie Manager
>  * Login request
>  * Request to secure page
>  * Logout request
>
>  This works perfectly.  Now, I want to encapsulate the login and logout
>  requests into separate jmx files so that they can be included in multiple
>  different test plans using Include Controllers.  However, I can't figure out
>  where to put the HTTP Cookie Manager so that the jsession ID generated by
>  the login request is used in the top level plan for the request to the
>  secure page.  I've tried to place it in both "login.jmx" and the top level
>  test plan that includes "login.jmx" using an Include Controller but in both
>  situations the Jsession ID returned from the login request isn't used for
>  the secure page request.

It should just work if the Cookie Manager is left in the main test plan.