Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org> on 2020/11/30 20:22:41 UTC

SAMOA roll call - no Mentor since June

Hi -

SAMOA has no mentors. This has been so since June when the last Mentor resigned. There has been no meaningful conversation on their mailing list since shortly afterwards when they had a volunteer, but nothing apparently happened afterwards. There has been no change in the code repository since February.

We have two choices.

(1) Retirement of the SAMOA podling.

(2) Find new mentors and try to reinvigorate the project.

I think that depends on their being a SAMOA community left.

SAMOA has integrations with ML and Topologies like S4(retired), Samza, Flink, Storm, and was working on a Heron integration.

If anyone has an interest in continuing the SAMOA podling then please respond to this Roll Call.

Regards,
Dave - IPMC Shepherd for SAMOA this reporting cycle.

Re: SAMOA roll call - no Mentor since June

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi -

No real response here. The prospective report in the wiki includes the following about Mentors:

> Have your mentors been helpful and responsive? <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/December2020#have-your-mentors-been-helpful-and-responsive-13>
> Yes, the mentors have been helpful and responsive.

How can this be so, if there are no mentors on the roster?

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi -