Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com> on 2006/10/25 22:21:47 UTC

[announcement] Apache Board approved Apache Harmony as a Top Level Project of the ASF

I am happy to report that the Apache Board was willing to consider our
proposal and voted to accept it at today's board meeting.

As stated in the Incubation vote, this is a necessary condition for
graduation from the Incubator.

Therefore, upon a successful outcome of the Incubator PMC vote, we are
Apache Harmony, project of the Apache Software Foundation!

                   Congratulations to everyone!

When the vote is complete, we'll get to work on the transition
activities, but until then, just give yourself a well-deserved pat on
the back.

Thanks all!

geir

Re: [announcement] Apache Board approved Apache Harmony as a Top Level Project of the ASF

Posted by "Jimmy, Jing Lv" <fi...@gmail.com>.
Cooooooooooool! Let's cheer! :D

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv
China Software Development Lab, IBM

Re: [announcement] Apache Board approved Apache Harmony as a Top Level Project of the ASF

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.
Congratulations everyone, and well done! :)

--
Oliver Deakin
IBM United Kingdom Limited

Re: [announcement] Apache Board approved Apache Harmony as a Top Level Project of the ASF

Posted by Sian January <si...@googlemail.com>.
Congratulations - that's really good news!

--
Sian January

IBM Java Technology Centre, UK

Re: [announcement] Apache Board approved Apache Harmony as a Top Level Project of the ASF

Posted by Alex Blewitt <al...@gmail.com>.
Whoo-hoo :->

Well done everyone!

Alex.

Re: [announcement] Apache Board approved Apache Harmony as a Top Level Project of the ASF

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> I am happy to report that the Apache Board was willing to consider our
> proposal and voted to accept it at today's board meeting.
>
> As stated in the Incubation vote, this is a necessary condition for
> graduation from the Incubator.
>
> Therefore, upon a successful outcome of the Incubator PMC vote, we are
> Apache Harmony, project of the Apache Software Foundation!
>

>                   Congratulations to everyone!
>

> When the vote is complete, we'll get to work on the transition
> activities, but until then, just give yourself a well-deserved pat on
> the back.
>
> Thanks all!

:-D

--
Stefano.

Re: [announcement] Apache Board approved Apache Harmony as a Top Level Project of the ASF

Posted by Pavel Ozhdikhin <pa...@gmail.com>.
Yes! We did it!
Celebration is definitely needed. :)

Thanks,
Pavel

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Woo hoo! -- go "Apache Harmony, project of the Apache Software Foundation"!

Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)

Re: [announcement] Apache Board approved Apache Harmony as a Top Level Project of the ASF

Posted by Danese Cooper <da...@gmail.com>.
I'm so proud of you folks!

Danese

Posted by Daniel Gandara <da...@neosur.com>.
congratulations!!!!

Daniel

Posted by Etienne Gagnon <eg...@sablevm.org>.
Congratulations!

Etienne

Posted by Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations  and we need to hold a celebration. ;-)

--
Richard Liang
China Development Lab, IBM

Re: [announcement] Apache Board approved Apache Harmony as a Top Level Project of the ASF

Posted by Rui Hu <ro...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations to everyone!
Today is really a BIG DAY for us.

--
Robert Hu

Posted by Leo Li <li...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

--
Leo Li

Posted by Xiao-Feng Li <xi...@gmail.com>.
All my congratulations!!

Thanks,
xiaofeng

Posted by Onno Kluyt <On...@Sun.COM>.
Congratulations!

Onno.

Posted by Alexei Zakharov <al...@gmail.com>.
HURRAH!

It's time to rest for a little while... ;-)

--
Alexei Zakharov,

Re: [announcement] Apache Board approved Apache Harmony as a Top Level Project of the ASF

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> On 10/26/06, *Geir Magnusson Jr.* <geir@pobox.com
> <ma...@pobox.com>> wrote:
>
>     When the vote is complete, we'll get to work on the transition
>     activities, but until then, just give yourself a well-deserved pat on
>     the back.
>

> Does it mean that we will have another 2 days with mail server down?

Minotaur is back now, but it has a lot of catching up to do :)

There still may be tweaks to the system needed.

> ps.
> Can't wait to see Harmony in the main apache projects list:
> http://apache.org/  :)

that and

    http://harmony.apache.org/

:)

geir

Posted by Sebastien DIAZ <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Fursov <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
great!!!!! breaking news!

congrats!!!!!

--
Best regards,
Andrew Zhang

Re: [announcement] Apache Board approved Apache Harmony as a Top Level Project of the ASF

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
congrats guys!

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: [announcement] Apache Board approved Apache Harmony as a Top Level Project of the ASF

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Gregory Shimansky wrote:
> On Thursday 26 October 2006 00:21 Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>> I am happy to report that the Apache Board was willing to consider our
>> proposal and voted to accept it at today's board meeting.
>
> Woohoo! It actually happened in October. Your optimism was not unjustified :)
>
>> As stated in the Incubation vote, this is a necessary condition for
>> graduation from the Incubator.
>>
>> Therefore, upon a successful outcome of the Incubator PMC vote, we are
>> Apache Harmony, project of the Apache Software Foundation!
>>

>>                    Congratulations to everyone!
>
> +1 :)
>
>> When the vote is complete, we'll get to work on the transition
>> activities, but until then, just give yourself a well-deserved pat on
>> the back.
>
> Do the votes made on harmony-dev@incubator count or is your summary sent to
> general@incubator enough?

I thought I made it clear, so apologies if not.  I started another vote
on general@incubator because there were too many objections to having
the vote here.

So we're just waiting for the Incubator PMC members to vote on the
general@ list, a vote which is being held up by problems with one of the
main apache machines due to the move.

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Spark Shen <sm...@gmail.com>.