Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Linda Mellor <me...@us.ibm.com> on 2008/01/10 13:55:02 UTC

R_PPC_REL24 relocation failure

I'm installing SVN 1.4.6 on a newly installed Redhat ELS 5 system
(arch=ppc64).  I downloaded both the base and deps tarballs, unpacked,
built and installed them using all defaults, and all that seemed to go
okay.  However, if I try to run any svn command, I get a relocation error:

   # svn
   svn: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/local/lib/libsvn_ra_dav-1.so.0: R_PPC_REL24 relocation at 0x0fd40d74
for symbol `strcmp' out of range

I've built and installed SVN like this on other platforms before with no
problems, but this is my first time on a linux ppc64 system.  Do I need any
special ./configure options for this environment?  Any other ideas or
suggestions?

Thanks,
Linda Mellor
mellor@us.ibm.com