Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jeff MacDonald <bi...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/28 21:07:52 UTC

Seg fault after new kernel

Hi,

I'm running mod_perl 2 on the following machine

FreeBSD gollum.interchange.ca 5.5-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 5.5-PRERELEASE
#3: Mon Mar 27 14:08:42 EST 2006
root@gollum.interchange.ca:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GOLLUM  i38

This morning I rebooted it so I could enable KTRACE in the kernel. At
that time my mod_perl applications were running fine.

After the reboot, my mod perl apps stopped working when I looked into
it further and found the following in my error logs

[Tue Mar 28 13:56:54 2006] [notice] child pid 40334 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

Then I shutdown apache and started it with httpd -X, when I tried to
access my app the whole httpd died.

I looked at the core file and it said the following after a backtrace

#798 0xbfbffb50 in ?? ()
#799 0x00000004 in ?? ()
#800 0xbfbffb64 in ?? ()
#801 0x00000018 in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0xbfc00000

So now I don't know what to do next to try to diagnose this.

Idea's ?

Thanks.
--
Jeff MacDonald