Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jose de Zarate <jz...@spainmail.com> on 2001/06/20 19:53:35 UTC

[C2] Talking 'bout sql connections ...

Hello.

    Now that we're talking 'bout sql connections, I think there is something that
could be fixed in
the database actions (maybe):
    There are some jdbc drivers that doesn't let use the "con.setAutocommit(true)"
method, and throws
an exception when this is called.  More precisely, I'm talking about the jdbc
driver for MySQL (mm.mysql.jdbc).
Although you can set the Autocommit behavior on or off in the datasource section of
the cocoon.xconf file, the "databaseadd/remove/update"
actions make a call at this method. I've had to comment out those lines, and
everything works ok, but wouldn't it be better to make the action able to decide
whether yes or not to use the autocommit method by its own? (maybe through a
parameter in the descriptor file, or reading from the "datasource" section of the
cocoon.xconf file).

    txs a lot
    Bye!

    José de Zárate